Abd Essamade Saufi
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Chemistry, Materials, and Chemical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
My research activity focuses on the kinetic and fluid dynamic modeling of combustion of droplets of heavy fuel oils, accounting for evaporation and soot formation. In general my research interests are:
- Turbulence-kinetic interaction
- Soot formation and evolution in laminar flames
- Theoretical analysis of combustion and heat transfer processes
- Liquid and gas phase kinetics
Computational Fluid Dynamics of Reacting Flows (Teaching Assistant)
- November 2016-Present. Ph.D. in Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano
- July 2016. Research Grant at Politecnico di Milano for the development of a numerical model to describe evaporation and combustion of heavy fuel oil droplets.
- July 2016. "Summer School for Elite Students", Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong, China.
- May 2016-August 2016. Visiting student in the EM2C Laboratory of Prof. Olivier Gicquel, Energétique Moléculaire et Macroscopique, Combustion, CentraleSupélec, Ecole Centrale de Paris, Paris. Theoretical and numerical activity on soot formation and evolution in vorticous laminar flames, Master Thesis.
- 2014-2016. Master Degree in Chemical Engineering at the Politecnico di Milano (September 2016). Thesis title: "Soot formation and evolution in a laminar diffusion flame perturbed by a line vortex". Advisors: Prof. Alberto Cuoci, Dr. Benedetta Franzelli (Ecole Centrale de Paris)
- March 2016. ATHENS Programme. Course of " Ethical Aspects of Research and Engineering", Warsaw University of Science and Technology, Warsaw, Poland
- 2011-2014. Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering at the Politecnico di Milano (July 2014). Thesis title: "Modellazione numerica della combustione di gocce di n-eptano in condizioni di microgravità" . Advisors: Prof. Tiziano Faravelli and Prof. Alberto Cuoci.
- Cuoci., A. E. Saufi, A. Frassoldati, D.L. Dietrich, F.A. Williams, T. Faravelli "Flame extinction and low-temperature combustion of isolated fuel droplets of n-alkanes", Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 36(2), p. 2531-2539 (2017), DOI: 10.1016/j.proci.2016.08.019
- Saufi A.E., Cuoci A., Franzelli B., Frassoldati A. "Soot evolution in a laminar flame perturbed with a planar vortex", 39th Meeting of the Italian Section of Combustion Institute 4-6 July, Napoli, Italy (2016)